South Aussie with Cosi
South Aussie with Cosi Pty Ltd ABN 55 152 374 340 (South Aussie with Cosi, we, our or us) promotes various competitions (Competitions), including competitions where the prize is provided by a third party provider (Prize Givers).
These Terms and Conditions set out the general terms and conditions in relation to Competitions. By entering a Competition, you agree to the terms contained in these Terms and Conditions and any Additional Specific Terms set out in the publication or post relating to the specific Competition.
1 Additional Specific Terms
Additional Specific Terms will be set out in the publication or online post relating to each Competition whether that Competition is promoted through radio, television, posters/flyers, the South Aussie with Cosi website or social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram or others. Additional Specific Terms will generally include the following:
- Prize Details;
- Prize Value;
- Competition Eligibility;
- Competition Period; and
- Details of how to enter each Competition.
For each Competition, the Additional Specific Terms are incorporated together with the remaining Terms and Conditions set out below and together those terms are the full terms and conditions which apply to that particular Competition.
2 general terms
Unless stated otherwise in the Additional Specific Terms:
- Competitions are open to all residents of South Australia aged 18 years and over.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter a Competition/s; therefore we won’t ever ask you for your credit card or bank account details.
- Multiple entries to a Competition can be submitted.
- Where a closing date/time for entry is specified, no further entries to the Competition will be permitted after the closing date/time.
- It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that their contact details are correct and we accept not responsibility for errors in contact details or entries not received for whatever reason.
- Any changes to a Competition will be publicised (and where practicable notified to entrants) as soon as possible.
3 Selection AND NOTIFICATION of Winners
- We will generally use software to randomly determine the winner of a Competition (Winner), except where the Competition requires the entrant to use an element of skill, for example where entrants are required to make a particular submission such as “say in 25 words or less why you want to ….”.
- We will publish the Winner’s full name on our website and/or social media (such as Facebook).
- Either a representative of South Aussie with Cosi or the relevant Prize Giver will notify Winners when and where their prize can be collected or where the prize will be delivered.
- Winners will generally be notified within 2 business days of selection.
- Generally, the results of Competitions will be made available by posting details on any one or more of our media platforms within 30 days.
- Our decision is final and we will not enter into any communications regarding the result.
- We may in our absolute discretion determine that one or more entries are invalid, including subsequently to a winner being notified or a winner’s name being announced where it is determined that these Terms and Conditions and/or any Additional Specific Terms and Conditions were breached or not otherwise complied with.
- If for any reason the Competition is not able to conducted as planned, due to causes including but not limited to tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of South Aussie with Cosi which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Competition, South Aussie with Cosi reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition, subject to state government legislation.
4 Unclaimed prizes
- We will aim to distribute all prizes in the Competition and will take every reasonable effort to identify and contact an entrant selected as a winner.
- We will allow a reasonable period within which the person may claim their prize.
- If a person selected as the winner of the prize does not claim the prize within 72 hours or if we have made a reasonable but unsuccessful effort to identify or contact the person, we may substitute another person as the winner using a subsequent selection.
- By entering the Competition, the Winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any marketing material, as well as their entry.
- Our Competitions are in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or any other social media platform.
7 Law and Liability
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws in force in the state of South Australia.
- It may be a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by South Aussie with Cosi or the Prize Giver in its absolute discretion.
- We will not be liable for any circumstances in connection with the Competition which are beyond our reasonable control, including cancellation or postponement of the Competition and/or the prize, for any reason including but not limited to the COVID 19 pandemic, vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism.
- We will not be liable for any loss or other damage (whether those other damages are referred to as direct, indirect, consequential, special or otherwise) sustained in the acceptance or use of the prize nor shall we be liable for any act or omission, negligent or otherwise.
- If any circumstances in connection with the Competition occur which require some action by us, we may take such action as is reasonable in response as we in our absolute discretion determine.
- We are only bound by the terms set out or referred to in these Terms and Conditions in respect of the Competition.
- South Aussie with Cosi and its associated agencies and companies will take no responsibility for prizes damaged or lost in transit, or late, lost or misdirected mail (including email).
- South Aussie with Cosi and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur:
- during the draw;
- in the acceptance, participation or use of any element(s) of the prize;
- as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail (including email) or other issues relating to information technology, internet or mobile communications;
- due to the broadcast of any program relating to the Competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; or
- arising from or related to any problem or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines or mobile communications network related to or resulting from participation in this promotion.
- South Aussie with Cosi and their associated agencies and companies assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available, subject to state government legislation.
The Promoter is South Aussie with Cosi Pty Ltd ABN 55 152 374 340 of c/- WRP Legal & Advisory, Level 1, 153 Flinders Street, Adelaide SA 5000.